Dubai, UAE: It was all very ‘Oscars’-like, colleagues from Dubai’s Messe Frankfurt Middle East subsidiary recalled, as 140 staff gathered at the H Hotel Ballroom to celebrate and recognise the very best from 2019 at its annual employee awards ceremony in February 2020.
Celebratory music blared, photo opportunities ensued, and hugs shared as colleagues congratulated the proud, and sometimes blushing winners at the Messe Frankfurt Middle East 2019 Staff Awards.
The categories were designed to reflect all levels of the organisation in terms of scope and experience, comprising Rockstar Rookie; Unsung Hero; Future Star; Memorable Mentor; and Simply the Best.
Cue the drumroll for the 2019 winners: the Rockstar Rookie went to Avon Pereira, Credit Controller; Unsung Hero to Kris Ramos, Online Communications Executive; Future Star to Sephora Correia, Sales Manager for Beautyworld Middle East; Memorable Mentor to Gavin Morlini, Director of Operations; and Simply the Best to Elaine O’Connell, Show Director of Beautyworld Middle East.
All winners received a gift certificate and a trophy in their respective category, on which their names were engraved, and that will be passed on to future winners in the years to come.
The Messe Frankfurt Middle East 2019 Staff Awards were managed and judged by a 7-strong staff panel. They had their work cut out too, as more than 250 nominations across the five categories were submitted by colleagues, including a number of self-nominations (why not if you feel you deserve it?).
In all, 80 individuals were nominated, or nearly 60 percent of the entire payroll, and in addition to the five winners, two runner-ups were recognised in each category, reflecting the high quality of submissions.
Judging criteria was straightforward; nominees had to have three or more entries; it was compulsory to put a few words beside each nomination outlining why he or she should win, while extra weight was placed on entries that were outside of the nominee’s direct area of influence or team, reflecting their impact on the company as a whole.
The future plan for the MFME Awards is to apply a strong business case for professional development, whereby award winners can help deliver tangible value in their respective categories aligned with organisational objectives.
Key criteria for all categories are outlined below
Applicable to staff employed for less than two years, the Rockstar Rookie is someone who:
- Hits the ground running, displaying a remarkable ability to adjust to a new work environment while bringing their own unique flavour and becoming a valuable member of the MFME family
- Has already made a positive impression on the business
- Applicable to all staff, the Unsung Hero is someone who:
- Is humble, has a positive attitude with a steady presence and is always willing to help whenever and wherever needed
- We think should receive the praise they so richly deserve
Applicable to all staff, the Future Star is someone who:
- Shows confidence, commitment and is hunger to learn while making a positive contribution to the business
- We think is capable of rising through the ranks and is one to watch in the years to come
Applicable to department heads and managers, the Memorable Mentor is someone who:
- Leads by example
- Inspires teams to work collaboratively and creatively, while encouraging, listening and fostering individual professional development within the MFME family
Simply the Best
- Applicable to all staff, the Simply the Best Award will go to:
- A special person that has impeccable work ethic, is a thinker, and lifts those around them
- Someone who consistently delivers high performance, and who surpasses key milestones on a regular basis
- A team player whom we simply cannot do without!